Today we orient our journey with three quandaries.
- Is it important for artists to be politically engaged people?
- Is making art self-indulgent or important to the greater community?
- WHAT IS THE ACTUAL POINT?
Our guest is burlesque babe of buffoonery Snatch Adams.
Support her Patreon at patreon.com/snatchadams
Find more from her at www.snatchadamsburlesque.com
and follow her at @snatch.adams on instagram.
This episode’s featured musician is Emily Afton, an Oakland-based singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist. You can hear more from her at EmilyAftonMusic.com.
The track list for today’s episode is as follows:
(00:12 - 01:00) Rachel Lark, The World’s Really Fucked But This Show Will Be Pretty Good (Instrumental)
(01:13 - 04:20) Rachel Lark, This Year (Instrumental)
(04:20 - 05:51) Emily Afton, Just The Two Of Us
(11:40 - 12:20) Emily Afton, Thinking Bout You
(24:40 - 25:46) Emily Afton, Fractions
(28:13 - 30:53) Emily Afton, Back In San Francisco
Art mentioned in this episode…
- Nina Simone - Listen to Pastel Blues
- Toni Cade Bambara - I recommend her book, “The Salt Eaters”
- Tom Robbins - I recommend the essay “What is art and if we know what art is what is politics?”
Organizations mentioned in this episode…
Five Minute Action!
Make a sign to put in your window. It could be for a candidate you support, a slogan you believe in like "Black Lives Matter" or "Abolish ICE" or a message you've come up with yourself.
Call us and leave us a message at 415-610-4866
This episode was produced and engineered by booch McCandless.
Support this show at patreon.com/rachellark